Buffalo Catfish Quesadillas
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No bones about it… this melt-in-your-mouth fresh-catch twist on Buffalo wings, sandwiched in a crispy quesadilla, is a hands down winner. And since we use U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish instead of chicken, you can bet it’s super moist, and packed with protein. So whether you serve these for your big game-day get together or a quick-as-can-be weeknight dinner, we’re pretty sure there will be lots of hootin’ and hollerin’.
What You'll Need
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets
- 1/4 cup Buffalo wing sauce, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Paprika for sprinkling
- 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup thinly chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese crumbles
- Blue cheese dressing for dipping
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray. Place catfish fillets on baking sheet and brush both sides with 2 tablespoons of Buffalo wing sauce. Sprinkle fish evenly with garlic powder and paprika. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let cool slightly then flake into small pieces.
- To assemble quesadillas, place 3 tortillas on a flat surface and brush with remaining 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce. Sprinkle each evenly with mozzarella cheese, catfish pieces, celery, and blue cheese crumbles. Place remaining 3 tortillas on top.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat until hot. Place one quesadilla in skillet and cook for 1 minute or until golden. Using a spatula, flip quesadilla over and cook for 1 to 2 more minutes or until cheese is melted and tortilla is golden. Repeat with remaining quesadillas. Slice each into 4 wedges and serve with blue cheese dressing.
Test Kitchen Tip:
You can make these up ahead of time and simply reheat them in a 300-degree oven for 10 minutes. It couldn’t be easier.
For more tasty recipes, visit UScatfish.com.