Cheesy Crab Poppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you're craving the cheesy-fried goodness of a popper, but want something a little different from the average jalapeno popper, make these Cheesy Crab Poppers. They're crispy, cheesy, and have just a light kick to 'em, making them the perfect party appetizer.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- 1 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) container lump crab meat, drained well
- 2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine corn muffin mix, bread crumbs, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, butter, egg, milk, scallions, salt and cayenne pepper; mix well. Gently stir in crab meat until combined. Form mixture into 1-1/2-inch balls.
- In a deep skillet or soup pot over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot. Add several crab balls to oil, making sure not to overcrowd. Cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Place on paper towel-lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining crab balls. Serve warm.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 124
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 3.8g 19 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 7.4g 15 %
- Cholesterol 45mg 15 %
- Sodium 237mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 7.6g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 2.0g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!