We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These Chicken Pockets are a tasty twist on the hand pies that you know and love. From the onions to red peppers, these are full of handheld flavor!
What You'll Need
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1/2 to 3/4 pound), each cut lengthwise into 4 equal-sized strips
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons dry taco seasoning mix
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (17.25 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed, each sheet cut into quarters
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium heat and saute chicken 4 to 5 minutes, until no pink remains. Add onion, bell pepper, taco seasoning, and black pepper; saute an additional 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Place one chicken finger in center of each pastry sheet quarter. Divide red peppers and onions evenly over chicken fingers. Fold each pastry piece in half and seal edges with tines of a fork.
Place on a baking sheet and bake 25 minutes or until browned and pastry is puffed.
On a really special occasion, these make a great appetizer. Or cut each pocket into 4 pieces for a gangbuster hors d'oeuvres.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.