Save-the-Day Black Bean Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/4 cup
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
If you're looking for an easy recipe that will spice things up in a lot of different ways, look no further than our Save-the-Day Black Bean Salsa! We consider this recipe a superhero because you never quite know when it will come in handy. Need an easy appetizer? A colorful side dish? How about a topping for that bland chicken breast? For just about any occasion involving food, make this fun and fresh-tasting black bean salsa recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, oil, cumin, and salt; mix well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Serve this salsa with your favorite tortilla chips! And remember, this will keep in the refrigerator up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
- Don't miss our 1-2-3 Salsa Dip, or one of our other Homemade Salsa Recipes!
- For more Tex-Mex options, try our Beefy Enchiladas or our Fast Taco Pie. Be sure to finish with our Easy Baked Churros!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 83
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 263mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've got to try our Homemade Jelly Donut Holes for a fun and sometimes messy treat that's great all-year-round! Wonder how we get the jelly in the middle? The secret is using a drinking straw to make space for that oh-so-sweet jelly that fills the center! Top these with powdered or cinnamon sugar, and let the family get their fingers a little sticky! Just make sure to keep the napkins handy.