Save-the-Day Black Bean Salsa
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/4 cup
- CHILL TIME
- 30 Min
If you're looking for an easy recipe that will spice things up in a lot of different ways, look no further than our Save-the-Day Black Bean Salsa! We consider this recipe a superhero because you never quite know when it will come in handy. Need an easy appetizer? A colorful side dish? How about a topping for that bland chicken breast? For just about any occasion involving food, make this fun and fresh-tasting black bean salsa recipe!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine black beans, corn, bell pepper, cilantro, and scallions.
- In a small bowl, combine lime juice, vinegar, oil, cumin, and salt; mix well. Pour dressing over vegetable mixture; toss until evenly coated.
- Cover and chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- Serve this salsa with your favorite tortilla chips! And remember, this will keep in the refrigerator up to three days if stored in an airtight container.
- Don't miss our 1-2-3 Salsa Dip, or one of our other Homemade Salsa Recipes!
- For more Tex-Mex options, try our Beefy Enchiladas or our Fast Taco Pie. Be sure to finish with our Easy Baked Churros!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 83
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0g 3 %
- Saturated Fat 0.2g 1 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.5g 7 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 263mg 11 %
- Total Carbohydrates 13g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 3.0g 12 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)