Cowboy Bean Fritters
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- (3 per serving)
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Who knew that egg whites, black beans and salsa would go together so well? Fry up a batch of our Cowboy Bean Fritters and round up the gang -- it's feeding time!
What You'll Need
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 (16-ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil, plus extra if needed
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Add egg whites and salsa; mix well, then stir in black beans.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Pour 1 teaspoon batter per fritter into skillet, cooking several fritters at one time, but not overcrowding them. Cook 1 minute, then turn fritters and slightly flatten with a spatula; cook 1 to 2 additional minutes, or until browned on both sides. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed.
- Remove to a paper towel-lined platter; serve immediately.
Add some extra excitement when serving by putting out bowls of salsa and reduced-fat sour cream for dipping.
- This recipe is featured in our brand new diabetic-friendly cookbook HELLO TASTE, GOODBYE GUILT! You can purchase the new book here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 87
- Calories from Fat 7.1
- Total Fat 0.8g 1 %
- Saturated Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 4.3g 9 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 468mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 15g 5 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.4g 10 %
- Sugars 0.9g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Sparks will surely fly at your table when you serve up our zesty-tasting Firecracker Barbecued Pork! We made this with a special-tasting glaze that combines the sweetness of barbecue sauce and marmalade, along with a kick of hot pepper sauce and horseradish, for an explosion of flavor in your mouth! This is one recipe we guarantee will have you saying, "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"