Crispy Cheese Poppers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love the jalapeno cheese poppers you can buy at the deli counter, you'll go absolutely crazy for these deep-fried snacks! Serve Crispy Cheese Poppers at your next party or big event.
What You'll Need
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 18 wonton wrappers (from a 16-ounce package), thawed if frozen
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, chopped jalapeño, and Parmesan cheese; mix well.
- Place a wonton wrapper on a flat work surface. Dip your fingers in a small bowl of water and moisten the edges of the wrapper. Place about 1 tablespoon of the cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper and fold diagonally to form a triangle. Seal the edges firmly with your fingers. Continue with the remaining cheese mixture and wonton wrappers.
- In a large deep skillet, heat the vegetable oil until hot but not smoking. Fry the wontons in batches for 30 seconds per side, or until crisp and golden. Remove with a slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel-lined platter. Serve immediately.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.