We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These super quick canapes were Mama's choice for teatime or to serve at her ladies' luncheons. Cocktail rye or pumpernickel slices are perfect bases for this kicky cheese mixture. If you want to get extra fancy, pull the tines of a fork down the cucumber before slicing it, and the slices will have pretty rippled edges.
What You'll Need
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (0.7-ounce) envelope Italian dressing mix
- 1 (12-ounce) loaf cocktail rye bread
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced (about 36 slices)
What to Do
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium mixing bowl; beat at medium speed of an electric beater until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over bread slices. Top each with a cucumber slice.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have yourself a morning Greek feast with our recipe for Spinach Feta Scramble. Fluffy scrambled eggs, fresh veggies, and feta cheese make for a super colorful and egg-ceptionally delicious way to start your day. You'll love this flavorful way to enjoy scrambled eggs!