Fresh Corn Dip
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/4 cup per serving
- CHILL TIME
- 2 Hr
What a novel dip to serve when you're expecting company! Our creamy, Fresh Corn Dip is made with super sweet corn and lots of flavorful add-ins, so you know it's going to be addictive. Serve it in an edible bread bowl for a super change-of-pace from traditional dip recipes.
What You'll Need:
- 4 ears fresh corn on the cob, cooked (see Note)
- 3 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 (1-pound) round pumpernickel bread, unsliced
What To Do:
- Using a sharp knife, remove corn from cob and place in a large bowl. Add cheese, scallions, green chilies, and roasted red pepper; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except the bread; mix well. Pour over corn mixture and toss until evenly coated. Refrigerate 2 hours, or until ready to serve.
- Using a serrated knife, cut a hole in top of bread about 3 inches in diameter. Hollow out bread, leaving one inch of bread around sides. Spoon dip mixture into bread bowl. Cut bread top and hollowed out pieces into 1-inch chunks for dipping.
If you prefer, you can substitute 2 cups thawed frozen corn for the fresh.
Here are 3 easy ways to cook corn on the cob:
- Steam -- Bring 1 inch of water to a boil, add husked corn, return to a boil, cover, and cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Microwave -- Wrap corn in a damp paper towel and microwave 2 minutes per ear.
- Grill -- Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and cook on grill 15 to 20 minutes or until kernels are tender.
Recipe courtesy of Fresh Supersweet Corn Council. For more information and recipes, go to www.sunshinesweetcorn.com.
Plus, if you enjoyed this recipe, be sure to try out our Easy Corn Fritters!
Looking for more fantastic recipes for spring? Be sure to check out our free recipe collection, Spring Veggie Fever: 25 Mouthwatering Spring Vegetable Recipes.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Calories 255
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 7.0g 35 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 9.3g 19 %
- Cholesterol 35mg 12 %
- Sodium 460mg 19 %
- Total Carbohydrates 23g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 3.0g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.