Hot Brown Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you plan on having an impromptu Kentucky Derby bash or you simply plan on watching it quietly at home, we've got just the thing to serve...and it's always a winner. Our Hot Brown Bites feature layers of turkey, creamy cheese sauce, and smoky bacon on top of crispy, party rye bread. You just can't go wrong!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 slices cocktail party rye or pumpernickel
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
What To Do:
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper and heat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil. Place party rye on baking sheet. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, and cheese sauce.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.