Hot Brown Bites
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you plan on having an impromptu Kentucky Derby bash or you simply plan on watching it quietly at home, we've got just the thing to serve...and it's always a winner. Our Hot Brown Bites feature layers of turkey, creamy cheese sauce, and smoky bacon on top of crispy, party rye bread. You just can't go wrong!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 18 slices cocktail party rye or pumpernickel
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli turkey breast
- 3 plum tomatoes, each cut into 6 slices
- 6 slices crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
What to Do
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Gradually add milk and whisk until smooth and mixture begins to thicken. Stir in cheese, dry mustard, onion powder, salt, and pepper and heat until smooth and creamy. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to broil. Place party rye on baking sheet. Top evenly with turkey, tomato, and cheese sauce.
- Broil 2 to 3 minutes, or until top is light golden. Sprinkle with bacon and serve.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Calories 189
- Calories from Fat 83
- Total Fat 9.2g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 4.9g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 15g 31 %
- Cholesterol 41mg 14 %
- Sodium 672mg 28 %
- Total Carbohydrates 11g 4 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 3.8g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)