We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Call it by its fancy name, pate, or call it chopped liver. The old saying, "What am I, chopped liver?!" may come from the fact that this creamy spread is more often served as a side dish than a main course.
What You'll Need
- 2 pounds sliced beef or calf's liver
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 6 large onions, sliced
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, peeled
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Place liver on a rimmed baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer red.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions, and saute 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- When liver is cooked and still warm, cut into 2-inch chunks and place in a food processor fitted with its metal cutting blade. Process 15 to 20 seconds, or until liver is well chopped; place in a large bowl.
- Repeat chopping process with the eggs then the onions, adding each to the liver after chopping.
- Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to use. Serve at room temperature.
Makes 3 pounds pate.
Liver pate is a super spread to serve along with matzo or crackers, or over lettuce surrounded by tomato slices.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
No game day bash is complete without a platter stacked high with chicken wings, and our recipe for Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings is a flavor-packed winner. Coated with a to-die-for lemon pepper sauce, these homemade chicken wings are like nothing you've ever had before.