Crispy Sesame Artichokes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You may be serving pasta as the main dish, but when you serve our recipe for Crispy Sesame Artichokes on the side, you're going to have yourself a main attraction. These tender-cooked artichoke hearts are crispy-coated and full of flavor. Plus, they taste even better when dipped into our creamy lemon sauce!
What You'll Need
- CREAMY LEMON SAUCE
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- SESAME ARTICHOKES
- 1/2 cup Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 (14-ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, make Creamy Lemon Sauce by combining all sauce ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- In a shallow dish, combine the bread crumbs, sesame seeds, Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place the eggs in another shallow dish. Dip each artichoke piece in the eggs, then roll in the bread crumb mixture, coating evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking. Cook artichokes in small batches about 1 minute,or until golden brown, turning to brown on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Serve immediately with Creamy Lemon Sauce..
Love artichokes? Our Artichoke Squares are another fantastic way to enjoy them!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We know that some of you like to eat a little lighter during the holidays, so we decided to come up with a new dish that's perfect for Christmas dinner. Our Holiday Stuffed Fish Fillets start with some U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets that are perfectly seasoned, and then stuffed with traditional festive flavors. When you top it with the melted butter and bake it off, you'll have a fresh-tasting Christmas dinner that might just become a new yearly tradition.