Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese Balls
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 3 Min
Looking for a good buffalo chicken recipe for game day? What about a mac and cheese recipe? Well, you're in luck! For the big game, we came up with an appetizer that features both of your favorites in one gotta-have-it recipe! Our Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese is a fried ball of appetizer heaven! Serve it up with some blue cheese and celery sticks, and your big game party will win first place!
What You'll Need
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen macaroni and cheese, thawed
- 1/2 cup diced cooked chicken
- 2 tablespoons Buffalo wing sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup blue cheese dressing
What to Do
- Line 2 baking sheets with wax paper. In a medium bowl, combine macaroni and cheese, chicken, and wing sauce; mix well. Place in refrigerator 15 minutes to chill. Using a small ice cream scoop, melon baller, or teaspoon, shape mixture into 1-inch balls and place on baking sheets. Freeze 2 hours or until frozen solid.
- In a shallow dish, beat egg and water. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, and pepper.
- In a deep saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot, but not smoking. Dip frozen balls into egg wash then roll in bread crumb mixture. In small batches, fry balls 3 to 5 minutes or until golden and center is hot. (Keep remaining balls frozen until ready to fry.) Drain on a paper towel-lined plate and serve immediately with dressing.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more gotta-have-it buffalo chicken recipes, check out our forever classic, Buffalo Chicken Tenders, a Buffalo Chicken Tot Casserole that will disappear soon after you put it out, and a sure hit for game day, is our Bubblin' Buffalo Chicken Sandwich!
- Mac and cheese recipes are great for game day, but they're also a classic comfort favorite! Speaking of favorites, you gotta try our Double Bacon Mac 'n' Cheese (mmmm bacon) or for a seafood twist, serve up our Shrimp Mac 'n Cheese!
- Need other recipes to round out your menu? Check out our Game Day Favorite Dips, these delectable Game Day Desserts, and our Winning Game Day Menus!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 22
- Calories 208
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19g 29 %
- Saturated Fat 2.8g 14 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.7g 5 %
- Cholesterol 13mg 4 %
- Sodium 212mg 9 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.7g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1 %
- Sugars 0.7g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.