Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Imagine the taste of your favorite apple pie, combined with the taste of your favorite apple cobbler, served on a homemade shortbread crust. That's exactly what these Apple Cobbler Shortbread Squares taste like! This is a great apple dessert bar to make in the fall or anytime you get a craving for something apple-icious!
What You'll Need
- 1 stick butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat 1 stick butter, 1/4 cup sugar, and the vanilla until creamy. Add 1 cup flour and 1/4 teaspoon salt; mix well. Press mixture evenly into baking dish. Bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine Filling ingredients; mix until apples are evenly coated. In a medium bowl, combine Topping ingredients; mix until crumbly. Sprinkle half the topping over crust. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Place apple mixture in an even layer over crust. Sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool 2 hours then refrigerate 2 hours. Serve or store in an airtight container.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Calories 289
- Calories from Fat 123
- Total Fat 14g 21 %
- Saturated Fat 8.5g 43 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 2.3g 5 %
- Cholesterol 36mg 12 %
- Sodium 170mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 41g 14 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.3g 5 %
- Sugars 24g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We teamed a pasta salad with a tuna salad to come up with this dish that's summertime-perfect and very budget-friendly. Our Tuna Twist is a new take on an old recipe that's great for a light summer dinner. Or you can take this tuna pasta salad to a picnic or potluck (where it'll be the first thing to disappear!).