Apple Nut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would've thought that a simple snack cookie could taste so delicious? Our Apple Nut Bars are moist and delicious, thanks to plenty of chopped apples in the batter. We also put in raisins and walnuts for extra sweetness with a little crunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped apples
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Place batter in baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cut into bars while still warm, but not hot.
Before serving, you might want to roll the bars in confectioners' sugar or spread with a cream cheese frosting. Maybe serve them with whipped topping as a "dip" or serve plain as a great snack cookie.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll impress everyone at the dinner table with this recipe for Grape Stompin' Chicken. The light cream sauce that goes over the chicken breasts is delicious, especially since it's accented with the flavors of fresh grapes and a splash of wine.