Apple Nut Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who would've thought that a simple snack cookie could taste so delicious? Our Apple Nut Bars are moist and delicious, thanks to plenty of chopped apples in the batter. We also put in raisins and walnuts for extra sweetness with a little crunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup peeled and finely chopped apples
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. Place batter in baking dish.
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes, or until edges are golden. Remove from oven and cut into bars while still warm, but not hot.
Before serving, you might want to roll the bars in confectioners' sugar or spread with a cream cheese frosting. Maybe serve them with whipped topping as a "dip" or serve plain as a great snack cookie.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you remember eating square pizza for lunch when you were back in school? We do! We're bringing back those memories one slice at a time with our recipe for School Lunch Square Pizza. Our version has a super crispy crust with lots of cheesy yumminess!