Chocolate Chip Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've taken a few liberties here to make scratch baking a cinch! The end result is an easy recipe for Chocolate Chip Bars that will earn you brownie points with your hungry gang!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 (18.25-ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 eggs
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine chocolate chips, pecans, and brown sugar; mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, beat cake mix, butter, and eggs until thoroughly combined (mixture will be stiff).
- Stir half of the chocolate chip mixture into batter and spread over bottom of baking dish. Sprinkle remaining chocolate chip mixture over batter and bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow to cool completely then cut into bars and serve.
Individually wrapped, these bars make the perfect lunch box treat.
- Are you a chocolate fan? Then we think you're going to love the chocolate dessert recipes featured in our free eCookbook, Death by Chocolate: Dessert Heaven with 30 of Our Best Chocolate Recipes.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!