Chocolate Mexican Wedding Cookie Cake
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 48 (about 4 dozen cookie balls)
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
I'd like to see someone try to set a bride and groom cake centerpiece on top of this cake! No go? 'cause it's actually made with individual cookie balls piled into a pyramid to create one big cake. I've never seen this served at a wedding, but I guess you just take as many cookie balls off the cake as you want, instead of really "cutting" the cake. However it's served, it has to be fun...and you know that the first bite is always filled with love, best wishes, and a lifetime of "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 3/4 cup (1 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 squares (1 ounce each) unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, with an electric beater on medium speed, cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add the chocolate and vanilla and beat until well combined. Add the remaining ingredients except the confectioners' sugar and stir with a spoon until the dough is well mixed and smooth.
- With your hands, shape the dough by heaping teaspoonfuls into 1-inch balls and place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until set. Remove from the oven and cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes.
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a small bowl. While the chocolate balls are still warm, roll them in the sugar until completely coated. When completely cooled, roll in the sugar again, then mound on a large serving platter in a pyramid shape. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and store at room temperature.
Makes 1 cake or about 4 dozen cookie balls.
Give this the "finishing touch" by dusting it with additional confectioners' sugar just before serving.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Calories 89
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5g 8 %
- Saturated Fat 2.6g 13 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 1.2g 2 %
- Cholesterol 7.6mg 3 %
- Sodium 51mg 2 %
- Total Carbohydrates 9.9g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.6g 2 %
- Sugars 5.1g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.