Chocolate Nutty Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Feeling a little bit nutty? Treat yourself with one of our Chocolate Nutty Squares. These homemade chocolate cookies are sprinkled with plenty of nuts, giving every bite an equal amount of chocolaty crunch.
What You'll Need
- 1 (1-ounce) square unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and butter, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and stir in remaining ingredients except nuts. Spread mixture evenly in baking dish, then sprinkle with nuts.
- Bake about 12 minutes. Cool slightly, then cut into squares. Cool completely before removing from baking dish.
It's best not to substitute margarine for butter in this recipe.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
They say everything's bigger in Texas, which must be why this casserole is so big on taste! Our Texas Broccoli and Rice Casserole is creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-easy. It's perfect alongside anything from Texas brisket to your favorite chicken dinner!