Coconut Lover's Cookie Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you're a fan of all things coconut, then you've got to make these cookie bars. Our Coconut Lover's Cookie Bars feature a sugar cookie crust and a creamy, homemade, coconut frosting. They're great for potlucks too!
What You'll Need
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened coconut, divided
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat coconut oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, sour cream, coconut extract, and vanilla extract; mix well. Slowly beat in flour mixture until combined. Press dough evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool.
- To make the Frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter, milk, coconut extract, and confectioners' sugar until smooth and creamy. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut. Spread frosting evenly over cookie bars and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup toasted coconut (see Note). Slice into bars and serve.
To toast coconut, place shredded coconut on a baking sheet and bake in preheated 375 degree oven 6 to 10 minutes or until golden. Let cool.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Calories 431
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15g 23 %
- Saturated Fat 12g 58 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 3.7g 7 %
- Cholesterol 27mg 9 %
- Sodium 177mg 7 %
- Total Carbohydrates 72g 24 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 50g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Enjoy a healthier-for-you breakfast with our recipe for Loaded Egg Clouds (also known as "cloud eggs"). The "cloud" in the name refers to the fluffy egg whites that surround the yolk. Our recipe also features tasty sausage crumbles, scallions, and pimentos. Serve these egg clouds alongside some toast and fresh fruit and you've got yourself a champion-style breakfast or brunch!