Creamy Crumbly Blackberry Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
You know a dessert bar is going to be great when you start off with a base of crumbled sugar cookies! Our Creamy Crumbly Blackberry Bars are made with fresh blackberries and fluffy cream cheese, which makes them the perfect summer potluck dessert.
What You'll Need
- 20 finely crushed sugar cookies (about 3 cups), plus 1 for garnish
- 7 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 pounds blackberries, washed, with 1/2 cup reserved for garnish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter; mix well. Press evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 20 minutes, or until golden. Let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat heavy cream and sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve half the whipped cream and set aside. Add cream cheese to remaining whipped cream in bowl and beat just until mixed. Stir in blackberries. Evenly spread over crust. Top with reserved whipped cream. Crumble remaining cookie over top and garnish with remaining blackberries. Refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Either homemade or store-bought sugar cookies will work for this crust.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
When you get a craving for fresh baked cookies, you have to do what you have to do. Luckily, here in the Test Kitchen, we can make cookies any time we want. Our go-to are these Oatmeal Cranberry cookies. Can you blame us? These sweet oats and tart cranberries are always a treat when washed down with ice cold milk. We wish you could smell the scent of cinnamon in the Test Kitchen, but making them in your home is just as tasty.