We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Here's an old-time favorite that tastes like it came right out of Grandma's kitchen. These Fruit Bars are loaded with lots of yummies, like bright red cherries, crunchy nuts, and chewy dates.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup candied cherries
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and eggs.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Remove 1/2 cup of the flour mixture and combine it with the nuts, dates, and cherries; set aside. Slowly blend the remaining flour mixture into the butter mixture, mixing well. Stir in the fruit mixture.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8-inch square baking pan and bake for 45 minutes. Cool, then cut into bars.
Makes about 20 bars.
Love this easy cookie recipe ? Be sure to check out the rest of the holiday cookies we've featured in our 2014 Christmas Cookie Countdown!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Calories 179
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9g 14 %
- Saturated Fat 3.5g 17 %
- Trans Fat 0.2g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 31mg 10 %
- Sodium 105mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 24g 8 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.2g 5 %
- Sugars 18g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.