Gooey Peanut Butter Squares
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Whether you've got kids to take to after-school activities or just an afternoon of errands planned, these Gooey Peanut Butter Squares make for a great on-the-go snack. They're ooey-gooey sweet while still packing in some nutritious ingredients, like whole-grain cereal and protein-rich peanut butter. They're sure to keep everyone going!
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup peanut butter, divided
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 cups toasted whole grain oat cereal (Test Kitchen used Cheerios)
What to Do
- Coat a 10- x 15-inch baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave marshmallows and butter 60 to 70 seconds, or until melted. Mix in 1/2 cup peanut butter and 1 cup chocolate chips, stirring until smooth. Add cereal and mix until evenly coated. Spread evenly on baking sheet and sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips, lightly pressing them into cereal mixture.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining peanut butter 5 seconds. Place in a small resealable plastic bag and snip off one corner. Drizzle peanut butter over cereal mixture.
- Let firm up then cut into squares.
Looking for other take-along snack ideas? Then you may want to whip up a batch of our easy-to-make Grab 'n' Go Granola Bars!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 21
- Calories 250
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 13g 19 %
- Saturated Fat 5.8g 29 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 4.4mg 1 %
- Sodium 115mg 5 %
- Total Carbohydrates 35g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.