Malted Butterscotch Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These melt-in-your mouth Malted Butterscotch Bars are easily made from scratch with a few basics and some malted milk powder for a tasty twist. The result is an out of this world cookie bar that teams perfectly with a cold glass of milk.
What You'll Need
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup powdered malted milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup shortening, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, malted milk, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add melted shortening to sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Add milk, vanilla, nuts, and flour mixture. Mix well and pour into prepared baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes. Mark into bars while hot. Remove from pan when cool.
- Add 1 cup butterscotch chips for a truly rich flavor.
- Adapted from Beyond Delicious: The Ghost Whisperer's Cookbook
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Potatoes aren't the only vegetable worth mashing! Actually, Mashed and Smashed Cauliflower makes a great alternative for when you want a change of pace from the typical potato side dish. These "cauliflower mashed potatoes" have a nice creamy taste and they're nutritious too!