Ooey Gooey Chewies
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You might need a tall glass of ice cold milk to wash down these extra-gooey cookie bars! Our Ooey-Gooey Chewies have all the sweet, crunchy, and ooey-gooey-chewy you've ever wanted.
What You'll Need
- 1 (11-ounce) bag caramels
- 1 (5-ounce) can evaporated milk, divided
- 1 (15.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, melt caramels in 1/3 cup evaporated milk over low heat, stirring occasionally until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together remaining evaporated milk, the cake mix, and butter.
- Press half the batter into bottom of an ungreased 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Bake 10 minutes, or until set. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and 1 cup pecans, and top with coconut and the caramel mixture, spreading to edges of pan. Top evenly with teaspoonfuls of remaining cake batter. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool pan on a wire rack then cut into bars.
These bars are best served warm or at least at room temperature.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Calories 215
- Calories from Fat 101
- Total Fat 11g 17 %
- Saturated Fat 4.9g 24 %
- Trans Fat 0.1g 0 %
- Protein 2.1g 4 %
- Cholesterol 7.3mg 2 %
- Sodium 155mg 6 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.0g 4 %
- Sugars 19g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Have you ever thought of using your slow cooker to make baked ham? Well, it's about time you do. Our Slow-Cooked Orange Glazed Ham is an easy-to-follow recipe with superb results. Plus, your slow cooker does all the cooking, so you can go about fixin' up the rest of the meal with no worries.