Stir and Bake Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Who says you have to do a whole lotta work to make a cookie bar that tastes spectacular? These Stir and Bake Bars start out with a cake mix and a few other ingredients that you just stir in...and bake! Easy never tasted so good!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 (16.25-ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine coconut, oats, brown sugar, oil, water, eggs, and cake mix; pour into baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans and granulated sugar; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Cool in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Check This Out!
- Want to find even more fantastic dessert recipes like this one? Check out our free eCookbook, Cookie Jar Favorites: 35 of Our Best Cookie Recipes.
- We love dressing up a box of cake mix! For more ideas on what to do with those packages of cake mix you have at home, check out our collection, To-Die-For Recipes with Cake Mix!
- Dessert bars are always a crowd pleaser! Try our recipes for Easy Pecan Pie Bars, our Chocolate Caramel Bars, or our 3-Layer Nanaimo Bars!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Everyone knows that pork and apples makes for a winning combo, which is why we love this down-home recipe for Pork Chops Applesauce. This dinner recipe is perfect for your bunch at home, 'cause every bite is sure to deliver lots of classic flavor. (Plus, our homemade applesauce is so easy and so tasty!)