We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You're going to love taking a bite out of these bar cookies, 'cause they've got a delicious layer of strawberry jam right in the middle that makes 'em taste incredible. Bake up our Strawberry Bars whenever you're craving springtime flavors!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, beat butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Beat in sour cream and egg. Stir in the flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Press half of the dough into bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan that has been coated with cooking spray. Spread jam evenly over dough, then gently spread remaining dough over top. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and nuts. Bake about 35 minutes, or until bubbly and golden brown. Remove from oven and place pan on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into bars.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Calories 220
- Calories from Fat 107
- Total Fat 12g 18 %
- Saturated Fat 6.8g 34 %
- Trans Fat 0.4g 0 %
- Protein 2.2g 4 %
- Cholesterol 38mg 13 %
- Sodium 95mg 4 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2 %
- Sugars 15g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.