We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 6 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Say goodbye to gloomy days with our recipe for Sunshine Squares. This dessert is fruity, creamy, and oh-so-yummy. It's sure to turn any frown upside-down!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups finely crushed toasted rice cereal
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 (4-serving) package lemon pie filling, prepared according to the package directions (see Note)
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (15 -ounce) cans fruit cocktail, drained
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (8-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine cereal, butter, and sugar. Press 3 cups of cereal mixture into a 9- x 13-inch baking dish, forming a crust. Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until light golden; let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pie filling, sweetened condensed milk, fruit cocktail, and lemon rind; mix well, then gently spread over crust. Cover evenly with whipped topping, then sprinkle with remaining cereal mixture. Cover and chill at least 6 hours, or until ready to serve.
Make sure to use lemon pie filling and not lemon pudding for the filling. You can substitute 1 (22-ounce) can of lemon pie filling for the boxed pie filling.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Calories 314
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18g 28 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 57 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 3.8g 8 %
- Cholesterol 53mg 18 %
- Sodium 236mg 10 %
- Total Carbohydrates 36g 12 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 27g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
As the weather cools off and fall rolls in, we're often looking for new and comforting desserts for the season. Our Sweet Potato Cake takes your favorite everyday sweet potatoes and combines them with a few simple ingredients, before topping it with a homemade cream cheese frosting. What you get is a super moist, super cozy cake that the whole family will want a piece of.