Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bet you can't say "Yummy Rummy Raisin Bars in your tummy" three times fast...! Well, these are so good, they'll be gone three times faster than any other cookies, guaranteed!
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons rum, divided
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine 3 tablespoons rum with the raisins and set aside to soak for 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, beat 1 stick butter, the granulated sugar, vanilla, and egg until light and fluffy. Stir in flour and baking powder alternately with the milk, until well mixed. Stir in the soaked raisins, rum and all. Spread batter evenly into baking dish.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. While cooling, in a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon rum, and confectioners' sugar, and mix until smooth.
- While still warm, top bars with glaze. Let cool and cut into bars.
If you want a really strong rum flavor, soak the raisins for several hours. And you can use either light or gold rum.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The novel tang of prepared horseradish adds a flavorful spark to this comforting brisket recipe. Whether for a make-ahead, welcoming, weeknight supper or for a company meal, the result is always juicy, tender, and tasty.