We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Now here's a dessert bar that's certainly earned its stripes! Our potluck dessert recipe for Zebras is full of crunchy, chocolatey deliciousness that's sure to drive 'em wild!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups (1 twelve-ounce package) semisweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs, vanilla, flour, and baking powder until well mixed.
- Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or over low heat on the stove.
- Place half of the batter into a medium-sized bowl and stir in the melted chocolate. Spread evenly in a greased 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Drop tablespoons of the remaining batter over the chocolate batter and drag the blade of a butter knife through the batter to create zebra stripes. Sprinkle with the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool completely before cutting into bars.
This is one of those easy cookie bar dessert recipes that freezes well! Just make sure to wrap them tightly!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our festive Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts are the perfect combo of salty and sweet for the holidays. Made with a variety of your favorite nuts, the sweetness of dried cranberries, and just enough cayenne to give it a good kick, this recipe is sure to disappear by the handful! And, not only is it a great snack when family visits during Christmas, but it's also the perfect goodie to send in the mail, for those who can't be with you this season.