We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There's no wrong way to make a goulash -- and this version is super easy and full of flavor. We just know you'll fall in love with our American Goulash after just one bite!
This American goulash recipe is super easy to make for a weeknight dinner. It's made with elbow macaroni, spaghetti sauce, and plenty of mozzarella cheese for a quick and easy goulash recipe that can't be beat. Just toss the dish in the oven and let it bake! Although there are lots of delicious goulash recipes out there, this is one of our favorites. It's a classic recipe, and enjoying it reminds us of the hearty meals that we used to enjoy as kids. We hope you'll enjoy this easy American goulash recipe as well. Dig in!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (24-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-1/2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef, bell pepper, and onion 6 to 8 minutes, or until no pink remains in the beef, stirring frequently. Drain off excess liquid. Add remaining ingredients except cheese; mix well. Place in prepared casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven, stir, and top with cheese. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, 15 to 20 additional minutes, or until thoroughly heated and the cheese has melted.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- American Goulash is a perfect dish to make ahead and freeze. You can even freeze it in individual portions so the kids can microwave a dish after school or anytime they need a quick meal.
- If you're looking for more recipes like our American Goulash, be sure to check out our collection of 10 Easy Goulash Recipes.
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 778
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35g 54 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 74 %
- Trans Fat 1.6g 0 %
- Protein 48g 96 %
- Cholesterol 141mg 47 %
- Sodium 1,988mg 83 %
- Total Carbohydrates 64g 21 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.7g 11 %
- Sugars 13g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We combined two of our favorite takeout soups into one you can make right at home. Don't rely on the delivery guy to bring you hot soup. You've got everything you need to do it yourself! If you've been looking for an egg drop soup recipe to make right at home, then you've come to the right place. This egg drop soup recipe is so easy, we know you'll be making it all the time.