Asian Pepper Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
So many people think it's hard to make authentic-tasting Asian dishes at home. Well, not with this easy recipe! This Asian Pepper Steak is gonna become the regular steak dinner at your house!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup ready-to-use beef broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 to 1-1/2 pounds beef top or bottom round steak, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium-sized red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips (see Options)
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3 scallions (green onions), sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
What to Do
- In a small bowl, combine broth, soy sauce, cornstarch, and ginger; mix well and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and sauté beef 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned.
- Add bell pepper, mushrooms, scallions, and garlic, and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add broth mixture to skillet and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce thickens.
- Red or green, even yellow, orange or purple bell peppers will do the trick here. You might have a different color on hand every time you make this, and it's okay to use whatever you've got!
- Looking for more traditional Chinese food recipes you can easily make at home? Don't miss our collection of 26 Takeout Dishes to Make at Home: Easy Chinese Recipes!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 100
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1g 11 %
- Saturated Fat 0.9g 5 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 3.2g 6 %
- Cholesterol 0.0mg 0 %
- Sodium 871mg 36 %
- Total Carbohydrates 6.7g 2 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 2.3g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We're so crazy about carrots we like to use 'em in everything from soups to desserts. This recipe for Crazy Carrot Pancakes is a bit unexpected, but a lot welcomed, 'cause it's crazy easy, crazy good, and there's not a person who tries 'em who isn't crazy about 'em afterwards!