Asian Lettuce Wraps
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The latest trend in home cooking is copycat restaurant recipes! That's why we're making these fantastic Asian Lettuce Wraps; it's the delicious taste of eating out, from the comfort of your own kitchen. This recipe is a low carb, high protein way to enjoy a homemade taste of Asia. The best part? There's no tipping required.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped pickled ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 Boston Bibb or butter lettuce leaves (1 head)
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup shredded cucumber
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté beef, onion, salt, and pepper 5 to 6 minutes or until browned; drain liquid. Add hoisin sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, pickled ginger, and garlic and heat 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Place lettuce leaves on serving platter and top each with a spoonful of the cooked beef mixture, the carrots, and cucumber. Serve immediately.
- Add your own personality by topping each with a bit of your favorite Asian dipping sauces. Put out bowls of them along with some chopped peanuts, and have a ball!
- For more fun with Asian cuisine, try our General Tso's Chicken, our 5-Minute Beef Stir Fry, or our Imperial Pork Pot Stickers.
- If you love international flavors, you'll love our collection of International Favorites!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for a Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream recipe, that's perfect to cool you off during the warmer summer months, then you've come to the right place. Not only is this strawberry ice cream recipe fresh as can be, but with only four simple ingredients, is easy as can be too! Using ripe and juicy strawberries, you'll bring it together with some condensed milk, heavy cream, and vanilla extract. It doesn't get much easier--or summertime sweeter--than that!