We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
One bite is all it will take to realize we've got the best Sloppy Joe recipe around. We got rid of the same old Joe taste and instead used a savory barbecue sauce, mixing in crumbled bacon, for an extra bold flavor. Because our Bacon-Barbecue Joe's are a make-ahead meal, you can easily serve them up in place of the same ol' burgers at your next backyard summer bash!
What You'll Need
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
What to Do
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp; remove to a paper towel-lined plate. Let cool, then crumble.
- In the same skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef and onion 6 to 8 minutes or until no pink remains, breaking up clumps as it cooks; drain off any excess fat. Add crumbled bacon, barbecue sauce, salt, and pepper and cook 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- Spoon over toasted buns and serve.
Before You Start Cooking!
- If you want more patriotic dishes, try our Simple Labor Day Recipes! They work great for the 4th of July too!
- These Foil Dinners for Oven, Grill or Campfire will put you into the warm sunshine this summer.
There are actually two different versions of how the Sloppy Joe came to be. One story claims that it was born in an iconic club in Cuba, which is named Sloppy Joe's Bar. The second story claims that a line cook named Joe, from Sioux City, Iowa, one day decided to put some tomato sauce on his loose meat sandwich, and the rest is history. Whoever created it, we sure are glad they did!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 594
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 32g 49 %
- Saturated Fat 11g 56 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 29g 58 %
- Cholesterol 96mg 32 %
- Sodium 1,346mg 56 %
- Total Carbohydrates 46g 15 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.7g 7 %
- Sugars 20g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Freshly squeezed orange juice helps turn these Double-Orange Glazed Cookies into a tasty, sunny treat that they won't be able to stop snackin' on. Bake these "doubly-orangey-good" cookies when you're looking for a sunshine-y way to brighten up your gang!