Beefy Spinach Burritos
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Spice up your usual burrito with our Beefy Spinach Burritos! Jalapeno peppers and salsa give this one that extra kick you've been missing.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
- 1 1/2 (6-ounce) cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- Lime slices
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- 1 cup prepared chunky salsa
What to Do
- In a large nonstick skillet, brown the ground beef, onion, and garlic over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
- Pour off the drippings and stir in the chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Stir in spinach and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in cheese. Spoon equal amounts of the mixture into the center of the warmed tortillas; fold each bottom edge over the filling, then fold each side into the center, overlapping the edges.
- Garnish with the lime and jalapeno slices, if desired, and serve with the salsa.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.