Braised Brisket with Horseradish Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Need a recipe combo that goes together flawlessly? Look no further than our Braised Brisket with Horseradish Sauce! This timeless flavor duo is coming together just in time for the holidays. When you serve this to your guests, you're sure to get smiles of anticipation, as they see you really pulled out all the stops.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) beef brisket (first cut, flat half), trimmed
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 2 3/4 cups beef broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, heat oil. Add brisket and brown evenly; remove brisket from pan and set aside.
- Add onions to pan and cook 3 minutes or until crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Pour off drippings being careful to retain onions, then add brisket, 3/4 cup broth, and garlic; cover tightly.
- Cook brisket in oven 3 to 3-1/2 hours, or until fork-tender. Remove brisket to a cutting board; keep warm. Drain oil from pan and discard.
- Add remaining broth and horseradish to onions in pan and cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes, or until hot. Slice brisket diagonally across grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
Check This Out!
- Our Potato Pudding Squares are a delicious accompaniment to tasty and tender brisket.