Braised Country Short Ribs
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
These rich-tasting Braised Country Short Ribs are roasted along with fresh veggies and herbs, to make for a meal you'll really savor. Try this tender and flavorful dish whenever you're craving good, old-fashioned, country comfort.
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 1/2 to 4 pounds beef short ribs (see Note)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-1/2-inch chunks
- 1 celery stalk, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (10-1/4-ounce) can condensed beef broth
- 1 cup water
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, salt, and pepper; mix well, then evenly coat short ribs with mixture.
- In a soup pot over high heat, heat oil; cook short ribs 8 to 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Drain oil from pot. Add remaining ingredients to ribs; stir to blend well.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 1-1/2 hours, or until ribs are fork-tender and meat is falling off the bones.
A basket of our Sour Cream and Chive Biscuits alongside these luscious ribs? Of course!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Believe it or not, this Chinese Cabbage 'n' Chicken Salad is a favorite in the Mr. Food Test Kitchen. It's requested at least once a month and devoured within the lunch hour. Most of us agree that it's the homemade Asian-style dressing that really makes this recipe amazing, but we'll leave it up to you to be the judge!