Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Anything stuffed with cheese is bound to be a hit, and that goes for our simply awesome Cheesy Stuffed Meatloaf. Our Test Kitchen really knocked themselves out to make this delicious novel meatloaf recipe look like you fussed; but only you'll know what a cinch it is.
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup prepared yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup barbecue sauce, divided
What To Do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
In a medium bowl, combine ground beef, bread, eggs, mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix with your hands until well blended. Place on a 12- x 16-inch piece of wax paper and pat firmly into a 10- x 12-inch rectangle.
In a small bowl, combine cheese and scallions; mix well. Sprinkle cheese mixture evenly over ground beef. Roll up jelly roll-style, starting from the short end, by lifting wax paper and removing the paper as you roll. Seal ends well. Place seam-side down in prepared baking dish.
- Pour half of barbecue sauce over beef roll and bake 45 minutes. Remove from oven, pour remaining sauce over roll, and return to oven 10 to 15 minutes, or until no pink remains. Remove from oven and allow to stand 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- It's always a good idea to let your meatloaf sit for at least 10 minutes before slicing it up for eatin'! It's the easiest way to get the most perfect-looking meatloaf slices!
- You can't go wrong if you pair this with some roasted potatoes and a bowl of Country-Style Green Beans. Mmm! (Plus, don't forget about the Best Ambrosia Pie for dessert!)
- If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out all of our cheesy favorites in The Cheese Lover's eCookbook: 34 Easy Recipes with Cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're tired of serving the same ol' side dishes every fall, then you've got to give our Butternut Squash Fritters a try. Fried until golden and crispy, there's no way anyone can resist having one...or two. And they're even better if you drizzle a little syrup over them!