Creamed Chipped Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's creamy, it's beefy, and it's downright delicious. Creamy Chipped Beef is a diner favorite, and one that you can easily make at home. We like to serve chipped beef when we're craving a down-home, comforting kind of breakfast (or breakfast for dinner!).
What You'll Need
- 2 (2.25-ounce) jars sliced dried beef, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices white bread, toasted and cut in half diagonally
What to Do
- Place beef in a medium bowl and add enough warm water to cover. Soak 2 minutes; drain.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, onion powder, salt, and pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add milk and Worcestershire sauce; mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, and stir in beef. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, stirring constantly.
- Spoon an equal amount of beef mixture over each piece of toast. Serve immediately.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 291
- Calories from Fat 115
- Total Fat 13g 20 %
- Saturated Fat 7.5g 37 %
- Trans Fat 0.5g 0 %
- Protein 17g 34 %
- Cholesterol 58mg 19 %
- Sodium 1,516mg 63 %
- Total Carbohydrates 27g 9 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.9g 4 %
- Sugars 8.8g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.