Dad's Meat Loaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Let's face it - we all have a favorite easy meat loaf recipe, including Dad. For Dad, the best meatloaf recipes call for a combination of beef and pork, as well as some essential but basic meatloaf seasonings and sauces. It's a good possibility that Dad's Meat Loaf could be everyone's favorite easy meatloaf recipe! Plus, this classic meatloaf recipe is easy enough to be a weeknight meal, so you can whip it up any night for dinner.
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, bread crumbs, eggs, 1/4 cup ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper; mix well. Press mixture into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ketchup and brown sugar; brush over meat loaf.
- Bake 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until juices run clear. Allow to sit 5 minutes, then slice and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip!
- It's important not to over-mix your meat loaf. Over-mixing can make your meat loaf dense and not as juicy. Also, if you want to end up with a really moist meatloaf, we recommend using ground chuck. However, because this meat loaf is made with a mix of beef and pork, you can use a leaner ground beef (90/10) and still end up with a moist and tender meat loaf.
- For total comfort, why not serve this up with a side of our Classic Mashed Potatoes and Simple Home Style Green Beans?
- This recipe was inspired by our trip to Disney's Hollywood Studios and the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Click here to check out the other recipes in our "Taste of Disney" series!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you've got kids to take to after-school activities or just an afternoon of errands planned, these Gooey Peanut Butter Squares make for a great on-the-go snack. They're ooey-gooey sweet while still packing in some nutritious ingredients, like whole-grain cereal and protein-rich peanut butter. They're sure to keep everyone going!