Down Home Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
It's back-to-school season and that means we're all little stressed. When you need a little extra comfort in your life, a classic and hearty dish like our Down Home Meatloaf is just the trick. Share this great dinner dish with all of your loved ones to make it even more extra-special. Nothing says "Welcome home, kids!" like this family-favorite recipe.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs (see Note)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, sage, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spread over top of meat mixture.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until no pink remains. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tips!
- This is a soft meatloaf, so if you like yours a bit firmer, use 1 cup bread crumbs instead of 3/4 cup.
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
- Plus, check out our Favorite Ground Beef Casserole!
If you love these recipes, then you'll love this FREE eCookbook!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which makes it a great time to encourage everyone you love to get screened and spread the word. Another way to help is to raise money towards breast cancer research by hosting a bake sale. Our Pink Velvet Truffles are a rich-tasting treat that they'll love!