Down Home Meatloaf
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you need a little extra comfort in your life, a classic and hearty dish like our Down Home Meatloaf is just the trick. Share this great dinner dish with all of your loved ones to make it even more extra-special.
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2/3 cup plain dry bread crumbs (see Note)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, milk, eggs, onion, sage, salt, and pepper; mix well. Place in prepared loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients and spread over top of meat mixture.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until no pink remains. Allow to stand 10 minutes, then slice and serve.
- This is a soft meatloaf, so if you like yours a bit firmer, use 1 cup bread crumbs instead of 2/3 cup.
- Looking for more easy meatloaf recipes? Then you'll love our collection, How to Make Meatloaf: 17 of Our Best Meatloaf Recipes.
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!