Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Easy Cheesy Cottage Pie requires just a few ingredients and you can have it on the table in less than 30 minutes. Seriously! It doesn't get much better than a traditional cottage pie recipe that you can make in a snap. Plus, this cottage pie recipe uses simple, family-favorite ingredients, so the whole gang is sure to love it. And if you're looking for even more simple dinner recipes your gang is sure to love, don't miss our free cookbook: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef.
What You'll Need
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (8 ounces) canned or bottled brown gravy
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
What to Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
In a large skillet, melt butter. Add onion and cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in beef, salt, and pepper and cook 5 to 8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in gravy and heat until bubbling. Spoon mixture into prepared casserole dish.
In a small bowl, combine potatoes and cheese; spread over top of casserole.
Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until potatoes are lightly browned and casserole is warmed through.
- If you liked this cottage pie recipe, be sure to check out our free eBook full of even more simple dinner recipes: Ground Beef Recipes: 25 Quick & Easy Recipes for Ground Beef!
- Plus, if you're looking to continue on a potato trend, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Quick & Easy Potato Recipes: 30 Scrumptious Recipes for Breakfast Potatoes, Potato Side Dishes & More.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Lookin' for just the right easy dinner recipe to keep your hubby happy? Then our recipe for Newlyweds' Pot Roast might just do the trick. Pop in a movie and get cozy while the pot roast simmers and get ready for those delicious aromas to start wafting from room to room. There's nothing like a homemade pot roast to show your loved one how much you care.