Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corned beef and cabbage is a traditional Irish dish with a lot of history behind it, and while we really like eating it on St. Patrick's Day, this one-pot, comfort food is good any day. In fact, our Fastest Corned Beef & Cabbage recipe is great for those in-a-hurry weeknight dinners!
What You'll Need
- 1 (3-pound) uncooked corned beef with pickling spices and liquid
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 large head cabbage, quartered
- 4 large carrots, cut into 3-inch chunks
- 6 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a 6-quart or larger pressure cooker, place corned beef with cooking spices and liquid; add 2 cups water.
- Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 60 minutes. Perform a quick release. Remove corned beef and place on cutting board; cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining water and remaining ingredients to pressure cooker. Securely lock lid and over high heat, bring to full pressure; reduce heat just enough to maintain pressure for 4 minutes. Perform a natural release.
- With a slotted spoon, remove vegetables to a serving platter. Slice corned beef against grain and serve with vegetables.
- If using an electric pressure cooker, prepare as directed above except:
- In step 2, set timer for 60 minutes.
- In step 3, set timer for 4 minutes.
- No pressure cooker? No problem! We've got a great recipe for Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage you're gonna love! Just click here!
- Need more recipes to complete your St. Patrick's Day menu? Click here!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 1,002
- Calories from Fat 463
- Total Fat 51g 79 %
- Saturated Fat 16g 82 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 60g 120 %
- Cholesterol 184mg 61 %
- Sodium 4,592mg 191 %
- Total Carbohydrates 76g 25 %
- Dietary Fiber 18g 70 %
- Sugars 17g 0 %
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whether you're a dunker or a dipper, our Parmesan Onion Board is the perfect addition to your best soup recipes! It's got the bold flavors of onion, poppy seeds, and Parmesan cheese, and let's face it, that goes with just about anything!