Fiery Onion Cheeseburgers
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Our Fiery Onion Cheeseburgers are smothered with melted pepper jack cheese and sweet golden onions for a great flavor combo you're never gonna forget! So fire up your grill and get ready for the juiciest and most flavorful cheeseburger you'll taste this summer!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 envelope (from a 2-ounce box) onion or beefy onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 slices pepper jack cheese
- 8 hamburger rolls, toasted
What to Do
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. In an 8-inch-square disposable aluminum pan, combine oil and onion; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, onion soup mix, chili sauce, water, green chilies, and black pepper; mix well. Form mixture into 8 patties and make an indentation in center of each patty, using your thumb. (This helps to prevent burgers from shrinking into a ball as they cook.)
- Place pan of onions on grill and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until browned, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and set aside.
- Place burgers on grill and cook 8 to 12 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning once during grilling. Top each burger with a slice of cheese and cook until cheese is melted. Serve on toasted rolls topped with grilled onions.
And while the grill is hot, why not throw on some ears of sweet corn right in their husks!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Calories 626
- Calories from Fat 345
- Total Fat 38g 59 %
- Saturated Fat 15g 75 %
- Trans Fat 1.4g 0 %
- Protein 38g 77 %
- Cholesterol 121mg 40 %
- Sodium 889mg 37 %
- Total Carbohydrates 29g 10 %
- Dietary Fiber 2.1g 8 %
- Sugars 4.5g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.