Flank Steak Pinwheels
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 pinwheel
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
Our Flank Steak Pinwheels are a mouthwatering, savory meal that's perfect as a Sunday night supper! The delicious rolled up flank steak is stuffed with salami and cheese, taking this recipe to the next level! Not only does it taste amazing, but it looks like it came straight from a 5-star restaurant!
What You'll Need
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (2-pound) flank steak
- Salt for sprinkling
- Black pepper for sprinkling
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced salami
- 12 (6-inch) bamboo skewers
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs, garlic powder, parsley, and oil; mix well and set aside.
- To butterfly the steak, place steak on a cutting board and place one hand on top of it. Using your other hand, with a sharp slicing knife and holding your knife horizontally to the cutting board, carefully cut the steak in half, three-quarters of the way through the steak. When you are done, it should open up like a book.
- Sprinkle both sides evenly with salt and pepper. Press the bread crumb mixture evenly over the steak. Layer with cheese and salami. Starting from the shortest side, roll up steak like a jelly roll and place seam side down. Insert a skewer every 1-1/2-inch to prevent it from unrolling. Cut 1/4-inch off both ends of steak and discard.
- Cut steak into 1-1/2-inch-thick spirals between the skewers. Insert an additional skewer in each piece in a criss-cross fashion.
- Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place steak spirals in pan in batches and sear 1 minute on each side. Place steak on baking sheet and roast 12 to 15 minutes or until desired doneness.
Before You Start Cooking!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Calories 418
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30g 46 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 57 %
- Cholesterol 65mg 22 %
- Sodium 327mg 14 %
- Total Carbohydrates 8.8g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0 %
- Sugars 0.9g 0 %
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you're looking for family dinner recipes that will shake things up in the kitchen, our Country-Style Fish Grits is the perfect way to add some excitement to the menu! Everyone's mouth will water as they spoon up a hearty bowl of grits, topped with perfectly seasoned, flavor-packed fish!