Florentine Beef Wellington
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
At fancy restaurants, Beef Wellington usually has a hefty price tag attached. Well, Florentine Beef Wellington is just as tasty but with a little twist, and it won't dent our wallets.
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic clove, minced
- 1 (17-1/2-ounce) package frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 filet mignon steaks (4 to 5 ounces each), about 1 inch thick
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a large rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine spinach, cheese, and garlic; mix well.
- Unfold puff pastry sheets and cut each in half crosswise. Spoon spinach mixture onto center of each of the 4 pieces of puff pastry. Season both sides of tenderloin steaks with salt and pepper; place over spinach mixture. Bring corners of pastry up over steaks; using your fingers, pinch corners and edges together to seal completely.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until pastry is puffed and golden and tenderloin is cooked to medium-rare, or to desired doneness beyond that.
To make this even more special, serve with a bernaise sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.