Halloween Chili Pie
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Hosting a spooky bash? Serve up our Halloween Chili Pie for a dish that's frightfully delicious! And thanks to a refrigerated shortcut, this hearty beef pie is ready for eatin' before anyone starts feeling a little ghoulish!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen peppers and onions, thawed
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 rolled refrigerated pie crust (from a 14.1-ounce package)
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, saute ground beef with peppers and onion 8 to 10 minutes, or until no pink remains, stirring occasionally. Drain excess liquid.
- Add tomato sauce, kidney beans, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes. Spoon chili into pie plate. Place pie crust over chili and trim excess dough from around edges. Cut excess dough into shapes for Jack O' Lantern eyes, nose and mouth and place on top of pie crust.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with sour cream and Cheddar cheese.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.