Italian Cubed Steak
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you need a way to turn inexpensive cubed steak into a company-worthy entree, Italian Cubed Steak is the answer!
What You'll Need
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 (6-ounce) beef cubed steaks
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 pound (8 ounces) fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup condensed beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, paprika, and pepper; add steaks and turn to coat lightly.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Cook steaks 10 to 14 minutes, or until no pink remains, turning halfway through cooking. Remove steaks to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium and add stewed tomatoes, mushrooms, broth, and garlic powder to skillet. Heat, stirring occasionally, just until mixture begins to boil.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch; stir until smooth. Slowly add to tomato mixture and stir until thickened and smooth.
- Return steaks to pan and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.
These cubed steaks also make great sandwiches. Just place each steak on a split hoagie roll and top with the sauce.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You can serve up a restaurant-worthy dinner while sticking to your budget, with this easy recipe for Crazy-Good Rosemary Chicken. These juicy chicken breasts are topped with a flavor-packed sauce made with some onions, a little lemon juice, a splash of wine, and a bit of mustard. The results are amazing!