Italian Sunday Dinner
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
You don't have to be Italian to enjoy this traditional Italian Sunday Dinner. It's a hearty spaghetti and meat sauce dinner that'll have the whole gang saying "OOH IT'S SO GOOD!!"
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (26½-ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound spaghetti
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, water, parsley, egg, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well. Form mixture into 12 meatballs then brown meatballs in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add spaghetti sauce, crushed tomatoes, and oregano; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 30 minutes, or until no pink remains in meatballs.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain.
- Serve meatballs and sauce over spaghetti.
Did you know that many Italian Americans refer to tomato-based sauces as "gravy"? In many Italian households, gravy is long-cooked on Sunday mornings for serving up hot and hearty at traditional afternoon family dinners.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Calories 977
- Calories from Fat 242
- Total Fat 27g 41 %
- Saturated Fat 10g 51 %
- Trans Fat 1.1g 0 %
- Protein 51g 102 %
- Cholesterol 135mg 45 %
- Sodium 2,394mg 100 %
- Total Carbohydrates 132g 44 %
- Dietary Fiber 8.8g 35 %
- Sugars 22g 0 %
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.