The Originators of Quick & Easy Cooking!
King Cut Prime Rib
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Click here to view your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 45 Min
Who says we need to go to a restaurant when we feel like having a nice juicy prime rib? We don't! Did you know that it's one of the easiest dishes to make? Sure, 'cause the oven does all the work and all we do is simply carve and enjoy.
What You'll Need
- 1 (4- to 4-1/2-pound) boneless beef rib eye
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup prepared white horseradish, drained
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. In a large roasting pan, place the beef fat side up.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper; mix well and rub over surface of beef. Roast 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 hours, or until a meat thermometer inserted in center reaches 140 degree F. for medium-rare, or until desired doneness beyond that.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well, cover, and chill at least 30 minutes before serving with the prime rib.
- Remove prime rib to a cutting board and let stand 15 to 20 minutes then slice across the grain into thick slices. Serve with the horseradish sauce.
Prime rib is often roasted on a bed of vegetables so that air can circulate around the beef as it cooks and extract the maximum flavor from the veggies. If you make it this way, be sure to discard the vegetables after cooking.
Jan 11, 2018
Tried this recipe? What did you think?
- WAS THIS HELPFUL? YesNo
- REPORT ABUSE
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.