Korean BBQ Beef
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
Have you ever heard of "bulgogi"? It's also known as Korean BBQ Beef and it's amazing! That's because the beef marinates in a flavor-packed mixture before it's cooked in a pan along with a few veggies. Give this a try when you're craving a change-of-pace beef dinner!
What You'll Need
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small red apple, grated
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced sirloin beef, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
What to Do
- In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish combine soy sauce, rice wine, apple, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, and pepper; mix well. Add beef, drizzle with sesame oil, and toss until beef is evenly coated. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add vegetable oil, yellow onion, and carrots, and saute 5 to 7 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Add beef to skillet and cook 5 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Add marinade and cook 2 minutes or until sauce has thickened. Stir in scallions and sesame seeds and serve.
We like to serve this Korean BBQ Beef over white rice. It makes for a delicious meal!
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This summer, how about using those ruby red tomatoes to bake up something a little unusual but a whole lot tasty? We call it Summer's Best Tomato Pie and it's so fresh and creamy, you're gonna have a hard time stopping at one slice. With tomatoes being such a great summer food buy, you may want to bake one for a friend, too!